Everything about Paver sealing and what are the benefits
Sealing your pavers is the very best way to protect the investment you’ve made in your walks, patios, driveways, pool decks, retaining walls and other hardscapes. Since they are exposed to the elements, they require protection and regular maintenance to keep them looking beautiful for many years . Sealing your pavers will keep weeds and grass from growing in between the stones, it is aesthetically pleasing, offers resistance against different weather conditions and keeps the pavers safe from mildew, discoloration, and erosion.
Paver sealing is a process of applying a sealant to pavers to protect them from damage caused by weathering, grime, mold, dirt, and stains like oil and red wine. It also prevents weeds, moss, grass from growing in joints while deterring ants and insects. The process involves choosing the right sealer for your stone and to achieve your purpose in sealing the pavers. In addition to protecting your pavers from absorbing stains, there are several other benefits to sealing pavers such as enhancing their colors and beauty, making them easier to clean and maintain, preventing stains from absorbing into the pavers, making it harder for mold and mildew to build-up.
Here are some things you should know about paver sealing:
• Paver sealers help keep paver stones looking smooth and fresh by preventing unwanted bacteria or fungi from growing and keeping the floors protected from the elements
• There are basically two types of paver sealants: film-forming (gloss or semi-gloss finish) and non-film-forming (matte finish). Film-forming sealants offer the ultimate protection because they create a physical barrier on the paver surface.
• Paver sealers can be water, oil or solvent based and all paver sealing products will create a protective coating on paver surfaces that prevents dirt from penetrating pore structure by making it smoother. The smooth paver surface also makes the paver less slippery and easier to clean in between pavers with soap and water or pressure washer.
• Sealing pavers is an investment that can help keep them looking like new, inhibit weed and moss growth, protect against stains like oil, grease, wine, rust and paint, protect against winter de-icing products and acid rain, protect joint sand and make it stronger so it stays where it belongs… in the joint.
Here are some benefits of paver sealing:
• Inhibits weeds and grass in joints
• Reduces moss growth
• Deters ants and other insects.
• Prevents loss of sand in joints.
• Helps repel oil, grease, grime and stains.
• Easier routine cleaning.
• Enhances color, texture and brightness.
• Resists the effects of harsh weather conditions.
Here are some tips on how to take care of your pavers after sealing:
• Sweep the sealed pavers frequently to prevent stains from plant debris.
• Wash with detergent and a scrub brush as needed to remove surface stains.
• Reapply the sealer when the surface dulls to continue to protect the brick pavers against deep penetrating stains.
• Avoid using harsh cleaners as they can damage the sealant.
• Wipe spills immediately to prevent staining.
• Clean the grout.
• Allow drying after applying the sealant, let the paver’s dry for a minimum of 12 hours.
Sealing will make the pavers look shiny and give them a glossy finish. The sealant blocks the harmful UV rays and prevents the colors of the paving stones from fading. It often makes the colors of the pavers stand out, giving them a clean look. Some of the key benefits of paver sealing include keeping paver surfaces beautiful by protecting against stains and discoloration, chemicals, acid rain, salt damage a wet look paver sealer can enhance the color of paver surfaces while forming a protective layer over the top to prevent future staining. Consider getting your pavers sealed and if you're in Sarasota, check out Fidelity Pressure washing Service to do the job for you and expect quality results!