Housewashing 101: Everything You Need to Know to Keep Your Home Clean and Fresh
Keeping your home clean and fresh is not only important for your health and comfort, but also for your curb appeal and property value. However, cleaning your home can be a daunting and time-consuming task, especially if you don't know the best practices and techniques to do it effectively and efficiently.
That's why we have compiled this guide to help you learn everything you need to know about house washing, from the basics to the tips and tricks that will make your home shine. Whether you want to do it yourself or hire a professional, this guide will help you make informed decisions and achieve the best results.
What is House washing?
House washing is the process of cleaning the exterior surfaces of your home, such as the siding, roof, gutters, windows, doors, porch, deck, patio, fence, driveway and walkways. Housewashing can remove dirt, dust, pollen, mold, mildew, algae, stains and other contaminants that can make your home look dull, dirty and unappealing. House washing can also prevent damage and deterioration of your home caused by these contaminants.
House washing can be done using different methods and tools, depending on the type and condition of the surface to be cleaned. The most common methods are:
• Pressure washing: This method uses high-pressure water jets to blast away dirt and grime from hard surfaces, such as concrete, brick, stone and metal. Pressure washing can be very effective and fast, but it can also cause damage or water intrusion if not done properly or on delicate surfaces.
• Soft washing: This method uses low-pressure water jets mixed with eco-friendly detergents to gently clean soft or delicate surfaces, such as vinyl siding, wood, shingles or tiles. Soft washing can remove mold, mildew, algae and stains from these surfaces without causing any damage or voiding any warranty.
• Hand washing: This method uses manual tools such as brushes, sponges, cloths and buckets to scrub and wipe dirt and grime from surfaces that cannot be reached or cleaned by pressure or soft washing. Hand washing can be tedious and labor-intensive, but it can also be more precise and thorough.
Why Should You Wash Your House?
There are many benefits of washing your house regularly, such as:
• Improving your health: Washing your house can eliminate allergens and pathogens that can cause respiratory problems, allergies and infections. Washing your house can also reduce odors and improve indoor air quality.
• Enhancing your comfort: Washing your house can make it more pleasant and inviting for you and your guests. Washing your house can also improve your mood and well-being by creating a cleaner and fresher environment.
• Boosting your curb appeal: Washing your house can make it look more attractive and appealing to potential buyers or renters. Washing your house can also increase its value by showing that it is well-maintained and cared for.
• Protecting your investment: Washing your house can prevent costly repairs and replacements by extending the lifespan of your exterior materials. Washing your house can also prevent insurance claims or legal issues by complying with codes or regulations.
How Often Should You Wash Your House?
The frequency of washing your house depends on several factors, such as:
• The climate: If you live in a humid or rainy area, you may need to wash your house more often to prevent mold, mildew and algae growth. If you live in a dusty or windy area, you may need to wash your house more often to remove dust and debris accumulation.
• The location: If you live near a busy road or an industrial area, you may need to wash your house more often to remove pollution and soot buildup. If you live near a forest or a lake, you may need to wash your house more often to remove pollen and sap residue.
• The usage: If you have pets or children who play outside frequently, you may need to wash your house more often to remove dirt and stains. If you entertain guests or host events regularly, you may need to wash your house more often to keep it presentable.
• The preference: Ultimately, the decision of how often to wash your house is up to you. Some people may prefer to wash their house once a year as part of their spring cleaning routine. Others may prefer to wash their house twice a year or every season to keep it in tip-top shape.
How Should You Wash Your House?
The best way to wash your house depends on the type of surface you want to clean. Here are some general guidelines for different surfaces:
• Siding: Depending on the material of your siding (vinyl, wood, brick, etc.), you may need to use different methods and products to clean it effectively. For vinyl siding, soft washing with a mild detergent is recommended. For wood siding, hand washing with a mild soap is recommended. For brick siding, pressure washing with plain water is recommended. Always rinse the siding thoroughly after cleaning to remove any residue.
• Roof: Depending on the material of your roof (shingles, tiles, metal, etc.), you may need to use different methods and products to clean it effectively. For shingles and tiles, soft washing with a roof cleaning solution is recommended. For metal roofs, pressure washing with plain water is recommended. Always rinse the roof thoroughly after cleaning to remove any residue.
• Gutters: To clean your gutters, you will need a ladder, gloves, a bucket, a scoop and a hose. Start by removing any leaves, twigs, dirt and debris from your gutters using the scoop and the bucket. Then, flush the gutters and downspouts with the hose to ensure proper drainage. If there are any clogs or leaks, you may need to use a plumber's snake or a sealant to fix them.
• Windows: To clean your windows, you will need a squeegee, a microfiber cloth, a bucket and a window cleaner. Start by spraying the window with the window cleaner and wiping it with the microfiber cloth. Then, use the squeegee to remove any excess cleaner and water from the window. Wipe the squeegee blade with the cloth after each stroke to avoid streaks. Repeat the process for each window.
• Doors: To clean your doors, you will need a sponge, a cloth, a bucket and a mild soap. Start by wetting the sponge with water and soap and wiping the door from top to bottom. Pay attention to any crevices or details on the door. Then, rinse the door with water and dry it with the cloth. Repeat the process for each door.
• Porch: To clean your porch, you will need a broom, a hose and a mild detergent. Start by sweeping the porch to remove any loose dirt and debris. Then, spray the porch with water and detergent and scrub it with the broom. Rinse the porch with water and let it dry.
• Deck: To clean your deck, you will need a pressure washer or a garden sprayer, a deck cleaner and a stiff-bristled brush. Start by applying the deck cleaner to the deck according to the product instructions. Let it sit for 10 to 15 minutes. Then, scrub the deck with the brush to loosen any dirt and stains. Rinse the deck with water using the pressure washer or the garden sprayer.
• Patio: To clean your patio, you will need a pressure washer or a hose, a patio cleaner and a scrub brush. Start by applying the patio cleaner to the patio according to the product instructions. Let it sit for 10 to 15 minutes. Then, scrub the patio with the brush to loosen any dirt and stains. Rinse the patio with water using the pressure washer or the hose.
• Fence: To clean your fence, you will need a pressure washer or a hose, a fence cleaner and a sponge or a cloth. Start by applying the fence cleaner to the fence according to the product instructions. Let it sit for 10 to 15 minutes. Then, wipe or rinse the fence with water using the sponge or cloth or the pressure washer or hose.
• Driveway: To clean your driveway, you will need a pressure washer or a hose, a driveway cleaner and a scrub brush. Start by applying the driveway cleaner to the driveway according to the product instructions. Let it sit for 10 to 15 minutes. Then, scrub the driveway with the brush to loosen any dirt and stains. Rinse the driveway with water using the pressure washer or hose.
What are Some Tips and Tricks for House washing?
Here are some tips and tricks that can help you make your house washing easier and more effective:
• Plan ahead: Before you start washing your house, make sure you have all the necessary tools and products ready. Check the weather forecast and choose a dry and mild day for your housewashing project. Avoid washing your house in direct sunlight or high temperatures as this can cause streaks or damage.
• Protect yourself: When washing your house, wear protective gear such as gloves, goggles, boots and long sleeves to avoid contact with chemicals or water spray. Avoid spraying water or chemicals near electrical outlets or wires as this can cause shocks or fires.
• Protect your plants: When washing your house, cover your plants with tarps or plastic sheets to protect them from chemicals or water runoff. Alternatively, you can wet your plants before washing your house to dilute any chemicals that may reach them.
• Work from top to bottom: When washing your house, start from the highest point and work your way down to avoid dirtying areas that you have already cleaned. For example, start from the roof, then move on to the siding, then windows, then doors etc.
• Work in sections: When washing your house, work in small sections at a time rather than spraying large areas at once. This will help you avoid missing spots or leaving streaks
If you live in Florida, around Sarasota or even Lakewood Ranch, you know how beautiful and sunny this place is. You also know how challenging it can be to keep your house clean and fresh in this climate. Dust, dirt, pollen, mold, mildew, algae and other contaminants can accumulate on your house exterior, roof, gutters, pool deck and cage, making them look dull, dirty and unappealing. Not to mention the health risks and damage they can cause to your property and family.
That's why you need a professional pressure washing service to help you maintain your house in top condition. But not all pressure washing services are created equal. You need a reliable, experienced and trustworthy company that can deliver quality results at affordable prices. You need Fidelity Pressure Washing, the ultimate cleaning service for your house, gutters, pool deck and cage.
Why Choose Fidelity Pressure Washing?
Fidelity Pressure Washing is a locally owned and operated company that has been serving Lakewood Ranch and surrounding areas for over 10 years. We have a team of trained, licensed and insured technicians who use the latest equipment and techniques to ensure your satisfaction. We offer a full range of services for your house exterior, including:
• House washing: We use low-pressure soft washing to gently clean your house siding, brick, stucco or wood without causing any damage or water intrusion. We also use eco-friendly detergents that can remove mold, mildew, algae and other stains from your house exterior.
• Roof cleaning: We use low-pressure soft washing to safely clean your roof shingles or tiles without causing any damage or voiding your warranty. We also use special roof cleaning solutions that can kill and prevent the growth of mold, mildew and algae on your roof.
• Gutter cleaning: We use high-pressure water jets to blast away all the leaves, twigs, dirt and debris from your gutters and downspouts, ensuring proper drainage and preventing water damage to your house foundation.
• Pool deck and cage cleaning: We use high-pressure water jets to thoroughly clean your pool deck and cage from all the dirt, dust, pollen and cobwebs that can make them look dirty and dull. We also use special cleaners that can remove any stains or discoloration from your pool deck and cage.
We are not just a pressure washing company. We are a customer service company that happens to do pressure washing. That's why we offer:
• Free estimates: You can give us a call to get a free estimate over the phone, no-obligation estimate for our services. We will also answer any questions you may have and explain our process in detail.
• Flexible scheduling: We will work around your schedule and availability to find the best time for our service. Occasionally we can do services on weekends.
• Competitive pricing: We offer fair and reasonable prices for our services without compromising on quality or professionalism. We also offer discounts for seniors, veterans and repeat customers.
• 100% satisfaction guarantee: We stand behind our work and guarantee your satisfaction. If you are not happy with our service for any reason, we will come back and fix it for free.
Pressure washing is the most effective and efficient way to remove all the dirt and grime from your house surfaces, using high-pressure water jets that can reach every nook and cranny. Pressure washing can restore the original beauty and freshness of your house, making it look like new again.